Vice -President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, has said that plans are underway by the Federal Government to increase the number of beneficiaries of the N-Power scheme from 500,000 to 1,000,000.
He disclosed this on Wednesday at a town hall meeting with the representatives of the 33 communities across Remoland, at the Palace Hall of the Akarigbo of Remoland, in Sagamu.
Osinbajo who was in a company of the APC governorship candidate and his deputy, Prince Dapo Abiodun and Engr. Noimot Salako-Oyedele, the former governor of the state, Chief Olusegun Osoba, the Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Political Matters, Senator Babafemi Ojodu, among others, had earlier met with members of the Remo Traditional Council.
The VP said the Scheme, had in no doubt, catered for the 500,000 unemployed youths in which 350,000 out of it were adequately equipped with specialised tablets which contained various skills acquisition training to further boost their knowledge in wealth creation.
Osinbajo explained that other social investment programmes of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administrations such as Tradermoni, Home Grown School Feeding Programme among others.
We even have plans to increase beneficiaries of this scheme to 1,000,000. Tradermoni, Marketmoni for our petty traders and home-grown school feeding programmes are all efforts targeted towards reducing the scourge of unemployment in the country,” he said.